Thursday, August 5, 2010

What am I doing ?

Urban Dictionary describes blogging perfectly:

A recent and disturbing trend on the internet. A blog lets people easily post comments onto a webpage. While blogs have many purposes, some of which can be useful, most people seem to use blogs as a way of having an online diary.These people believe that other people would be interested in reading their pointless ramblings. Even more disturbing is the fact that many people have such boring lives that they have nothing better to do than to read these stupid online diaries.
To ramble or chatter inanely, especially about oneself.

Derived from an abbreviation of webblog, an internet diary where people ramble on inanely, usually about themselves.


Tim: Hey i just set up a blog on my website.
Joe: What have you written in it?
Tim: Oh just some random drivel.
Joe: Sounds like the typical blog.
Tim: Yeah, but plenty of people will still read it, and that will make me feel special.
Joe: That's sad.
Tim: I know.



Like these Urban Dictionary definitions, I too felt that blogging was a big waste of time. I always told myself I wouldn't blog (because it just seemed pointless) but then I realized I have a lot on my mind not to mention a lot of free time recently and I like to think that on occasion people do like to hear what I have to say. So, with much lack of knowing why and a little reluctance I am officially a blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment