Sunday, April 24, 2011

One thing I'd tell my 13 year old self

If I could go back to Jr High the one thing I'd tell myself -ok not the one thing but the first thing I'd tell myself-

"Wear your retainer!"
"Those braces were a lot of money for your parents and if you dont wear the retainer your beautiful smile will move and you will be a 24 year old with braces again to get the smile back that you now have."

I decided this year, 2011 was going to be a year that I did a lot of the things I feel I need in order to improve myself most. This is why I got braces again. I feel like a 13 year old all over again and not in a good way. I really wish I would have gotten this taken care of sooner, but I decided it's now or never and I don't want to look back saying I wished I had gotten my teeth fixed. Don't get me wrong my teeth weren't all that bad I just know that they weren't as beautiful as they were right after I got my braces off in Jr High. This is just a step towards making 2011 a year of change and really improving myself. The ortho, Dr Baily told me it'd take less then a year. I quickly responded " ok so a couple of months ? " "perfect!" He laughed at me. I forgot how much braces hurt the first time around. I have been eating a lot of Kevas and bread and potatoes and soft tacos and macaroni which are all a part of my favorite food so it hasn't been all that bad. Tues will be the one week mark then I'm only a month and 3 weeks till getting them off! (or at least in my timing )

This is a picture of a picture of the Jr High me right after getting braces off the 1st time...I was excited

So this is right before and after getting braces on the 2nd time...I am totally making fun of my braces in that 2nd picture




1 comment:

  1. i hear ya on the 'should've worn my retainer!' thing. my teeth and bite have moved since then too. good luck with the second round!

    ReplyDelete