Monday, September 30, 2013

Health scare

Not meaning to have two negative posts in a row, but I had to share something that's been on my mind. I haven't told a lot of people because of the unknown of it all, but I found a lump over 6 months ago. I got an ultra sound right away and they said it was benign. I noticed it was changing and getting bigger and harder over the next 6 months. I decided to go with my instincts and got it checked again. After the ultra sound, they called me and told me it needed a biopsy. I've been way stressed and nervous and scared. I go to the Doctor this week to get it all checked out and Ill know soon (hopefully) if it is cancer or not. I feel like I have been relatively healthy most of my life. In the past year I have had some health scares that make me feel so uneasy. Life is a scary thing, but Im feeling grateful for not only my family and their daily texts that they love me and are here for me no matter what the outcome, but also, for the opportunities I have to get it all checked. Im hoping to soon have that reassurance that everything is ok and I can move forward with much less stress.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you friend!! Hope the wedding plans are going well amidst everything else! love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read blogs in a very long time and started looking at all the blogs today that I subscribed to on "Blogger." I was reading through some of your posts and noticed that you had surgery so I started going back to find out what that was all about. This is totally scary! I, too, found a lump and went in and talked to my regular doctor about it (who said it was probably nothing, but referred me to an ultra sound and mammogram dr). After I went to do that, they told me they'd do the ultrasound and see if it looked like anything, and if so, they'd do the mammogram. Well, I was TERRIFIED the whole time not knowing what was going on. I had the ultrasound and the doctor didn't even see anything. He told me that because I was young and healthy and had no family history of breast cancer that I was probably okay but to keep an eye on it.

    For some reason, that hasn't set my mind at ease much. I've tried to take his word for it and let it go. I've tried to keep my eye on it, but its hard to tell if its changed or not. So scary! You just never know. There are so many horror stories out there that you're freaked out that you're the one that's going to be the weird exception to the rule. So I can totally relate to this experience and I'm sorry you've had to go through it. I haven't had them check it again, but maybe I will again in the next year or so just to have more peace of mind. It sucks that you had the surgery and still don't know whats going on. Doctors sure know how to stress people out. Good thing your mom is a nurser! Hope you get some peace of mind soon about it!

    ReplyDelete